Frequently Asked Questions
Is coconut oil ester considered nut oil?
No, coconut oil is classified as a "Vegetable Oil"
What products are okay for people with nut allergies?
How do you use Clean Again in a top loading and front loading washing machine?
- Shake well. Detergent should appear white.
- Use 1 cup (8 oz.) for normal loads. Add detergent to water. DO NOT pour directly on fabrics.
- Use hottest water available and longest wash cycle. Dry on Medium setting.
- Presoaking recommended for heavy stained linens.
- Add 1 cup of Clean Again to 1 gallon of water
- Let Detergent dissolve and pour into the front loader
Use caution when laundering linens that have been exposed to oils. ALL oil products, regardless of brand, are potentially combustible when exposed to the heat of a dryer. Use medium dryer setting and allow linens to cool completely before storing. Consult dryer manufacturer's guidelines for drying linens that have been exposed to oils.
What is the best advice to give to someone who would like to use a product on the face that was not necessarily intended for the face?
If the product is not heavily scented it will probably work well. Although products formulated for the face take in a lot of considerations such as the amount of oils and other ingredients in the product which might cause an allergic reaction or clog the pores.
What products do you suggest for specific Medical conditions?
Consult your physician regarding specific medical conditions.
What types of massage products are safe for Infant / Expectant Mothers?
Avoid Arnica on pregnant woman.
Our Advanced Therapy line is hypo-allergenic and we suggest the creme and lotion.
Pure Touch Organic Creme would be good for a pregnant woman since it is unscented and contains gentle ingredients.
Does BIOTONE test products on animals?
No, we do not test our products on animals.
Do any BIOTONE products contain animal ingredients?
No, BIOTONE products do not contain any animal ingredients.
What are Parabens?
Parabens are a group of chemicals widely used as preservatives in the cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries. Parabens are effective preservatives in many types of formulas. These compounds, and their salts, are used primarily for their bacteriocidal and fungicidal properties. They can be found in shampoos, commercial moisturizers, shaving gels, personal lubricants, topical/parenteral pharmaceuticals, spray tanning solution and toothpaste.
Their efficacy as preservatives, and their long history of safe use - scientific studies have not proven they are harmful - and the unproven efficacy of natural ingredients like grapefruit seed extract (GSE) probably explains why parabens are so commonplace. They are approved by the FDA and have a low likelihood of irritation.
What is Arnica good for?
Arnica is used to soothe muscle aches, reduce inflammation and heal wounds. The benefits of arnica include relieving pain, especially those that are related to arthritis and injuries such as sports injuries.
What is the Poison Control Center number?
What preservatives do you use in your non-paraben products?
BIOTONE uses the two gentlest of preservatives for non-paraben products; Phenoxethol and IPBC (iodopropnyl butylcarbamate). These are commonly used in baby products.
What are the general guidelines for massage product usage?
The approximate recommendation for the massage products is about 1oz for an oil, creme and lotion
What are the refrigeration/Freezing instructions for products?
Avoid freezing your products. Refrigeration is the prefered method of cool storing massage lubricants.
The following products will freeze and have no problem once they thaw:
- Advanced Therapy Lotion
- Essential Oils
- Customizing Complexes
- Room Mists
- Spa Body Butters
- Salt Glows
- Hydrating Lotions
- Sugar Scrubs
- Black Baltic Body Mud
- European Rose Mud
- Herbal Select Face & Foot Lotions
- Micro-Buff Body Polish
- Nutri-Naturals Creme, Lotion
- Replenishing Light Oil
- Smoothing Massage Butter
You should check the consistency of the following products once they thaw.
- Advanced Therapy Gel
- Clear Results Oil
- Nutri-Naturals Oil
- Revitalizing Oil
These other products may need some care after thawing.
- Advanced Therapy Creme - will freeze. Condensation on the inside of the jar that can be blotted off.
- Clean Again - will freeze. Needs to be shaken when thawed (may not return to solution form)
- Deep-Tissue Lotion - will separate when thawed and need to be replaced
- Dual-Purpose Creme - will freeze. Condensation on the inside of the jar that can be blotted off.
- Herbal Select Creme - will freeze. Condensation on the inside of the jar that can be blotted off.
- Polar Lotion - will freeze. Will separate once it thaws and will need to be replaced.